Pin It button on image hover

Friday 3 November 2017

script box and candle (by Veronica)



Apart from the obvious cards, I was a bit stumped for ideas how to use the eccentric edwardian set of stamps, and then a friend came to the rescue with a set of dies to create hexagonal boxes. My first idea didn't work as I had cut the pieces for a shallower box than I should have done, but then I realised that the initial from the larger script stamp would just fit on the side pieces..................








I stamped the image in black versafine and repeated the inital on all 6 sides, and stamped on the lid too, burt this time with as much of the script as possible. I also sponged round the edges with black soot distress ink before gluing onto the lid.




Once the box was assembled, it needed something to go in it, so I opted for a candle, which did have to go in on it's side as it was slightly too tall.

I stamped the script image onto white tissue paper using black versafine ink, tore it out and heat set it onto the candle.

I added a keyring, tag and card to complete the set




13 comments:

  1. Amazing selection of designs! I am lost for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing selection of designs! I am lost for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift idea. I really want to try to stamp on a candle, does the ink have to be Versamark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Versafine ,archival or memento are fine if you are stamping onto tissue paper. If you want to stamp directly onto a candle, I have used stazon, but you need to roll the candle over the inked stamp, and for me it didn't always give a clear image.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, luckily I have those inks so will have a go.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Veronica, beautifully designed projects, and something very different, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That script stamp looks great on the box and candle Veronica, and the keyring and tag complete the set perfectly and the black and white is really elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super ideas to use the stamp like this; so classy homedeco!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!