Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 March 2018

Trees For Leaves (by Julie)

Hello, today I have two cards to show you.


My first is stamped with the Townhouses set and the leaves are from Take it or Leaf it.
I stamped the leaves on my plain white card blank with green Versafine ink and then on separate card-stock I stamped the trees from Townhouses to form the flowers. Each flower is made up of two sets of three trees, so I stamped the first tree at 12 o'clock the second at 4 o'clock and the third at 8 o'clock. You can overlap the base of the trees in the centre as this will be covered up by a flat back gem. Do this twice for each flower, cut out, colour with Distress ink and then arrange so the tree petals don't overlap each other before gluing together with pva glue. 
The card is finished off with a sentiment from Birthday Words


My second card's cute house comes from Village Life. I stamped the house with Onyx black Versafine and then coloured with pencils. The sun-rays were created with a ruler and a yellow and orange colouring pencil. I wrote the New Home sentiment freehand with a fine liner pen. It started off as just a single pen line but I gradually thickened the line with my fine liner pen so it stood out. I drew a border around the outside with the fine liner before cutting out and mounting onto my base card.

Thanks for looking and please call back for daily Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic, both so different but both lovely. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous, love how you used the trees to make the flowers ingenious.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Julie, love the designs and colours, brilliant inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use the trees to make flowers Julie and love the bright orange with the soft green of the leaves, and then the pretty background with the self created sun rays and sentiment which have worked well. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!