Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 10 February 2018

Book of Flowers (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a project to share with you today showcasing all of the beautiful stamps featured in the Anniversary shows in January on Hochanda. I hope you managed to catch the shows, they seemed to go in a flash, and Lesley and I were overwhelmed by your enthusiasm for all of the products that we brought to share with you!



My project is a concertina book, made with two pieces of whiteboard for the covers, which I have covered with some lovely patterned paper by Crafty Individuals. I stamped one of the images, minus the words onto the cover, and coloured it with the woodless pencils that we also featured on the show.

I created some pages for the book using smooth watercolour paper, but the cartridge paper that is available on the website would work equally as well. Each page measures 10.5 cms x 14 cms, and I allowed an extra panel to join the sections together each time. I decorated the back of the pages using Distress Ink, and stamped the words from several of the images on top, creating a tone on tone effect.

On each page front, I stamped a different flower image, and coloured these with Distress Inks, keeping to a common colour theme throughout.

As I assembled the book, I added some ribbon, which allowed the book to be tied shut with a bow. This was such a fun project to make, and would be a lovely keepsake for someone special.

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx


10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Judith, and a very attractive way to showcase all the stamps. Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! Love the idea and your coloring with distress inks on these lovely stamps is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Judith.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Judith, I love the design and the beautiful colouring, and of course the stamps are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely idea Judith to showcases all these beautiful stamps, and I adore the front cover, and then the back of each in all those pretty tones and with lots of inspirational words using the same colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, lovely design. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone would be really lucky to receive this as a keepsake, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!