Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Under The Sea (by Julie)



Hello. As this is my first post of 2018 I would like to wish you all a very happy and creative New Year. Let's hope it is the best ever!
Today I have a couple of cards that I created for Lesley's Hochanda Television shows that were shown last month.


My first card is stamped with the really gorgeous Mermaid Queen .
To start with I stamped the mermaid design with Onyx Black Versafine ink and coloured with Polychromos Pencils. Next you need to take some Picket Fence Distress Stain and apply it to the top of the card as this represents where the light is shining above the water, you then need some scrap paper, which has a straight edge, and apply a variety of blue and green Distress inks using the straight edge as a guide. Once you are happy with your background go in and stamp the silhouette mermaid, using the Versafine as before and then finish off with Picket Fence Distress Stain to add highlights. Fill in more detailed highlights to the mermaids with a paint pen. 


My second card, stamped with the Individual Cling, Ammonite stamp is very easy but you need to allow 12 to 24 hour drying time.
Simply ink up your stamp with a brown Archival ink and then spread a layer of silver Relief Paste over the top, just so it is thick enough to cover the raised bits of the stamp. Once you have done that put it to one side and leave to dry for at least 12 hours but up to 24 hours, depending on drying conditions.
This gives you plenty of time to cut a frame for your Ammonite to fit behind. I found a square die that I could use to cut the aperture but you can easily use a ruler and a scalpel /scissors if you do not have a suitable die.

Many thanks for looking. Please be sure to call back soon for daily Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Two very creative cards, love especially the mermaid queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love the ammonite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Julie, anĸ I love the pretty mermaid with the shafts of light with the small mermaids swimming around, and wonderfully coloured,then the ammonite stamp which I adore, and great using the silver relief paste, just hope it will be available soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Julie!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects. That ammonite is fab.I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Julie I remember these and loved them, great images and fab colouring, Kae x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!