Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 31 December 2017

New Year's Eve Butterfly (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying a bit of quiet time over the festive break. This year seems to have gone so fast, and has brought many changes, I even made my first tentative steps onto live TV! Whatever you have done and are looking forward to in the months ahead, I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and a healthy, creative 2018, from all of us on the Design Team. We are looking forward to sharing lots more inspiration with you next year.

I have some cards to share today using stamps featured in last month's TV shows on Hochanda. To create my first card, I made a background using Brushos, spritzed with water. I wanted to create the effect of a Wintery sky, and so I chose shades of blue, purple and grey for the background. I stamped a large butterfly from the Tangled Garden stamp set onto a piece of sparkly acetate, and stuck this to a piece of coloured background that I had in my scrap box. By chance, this was a very similar colour to my Brusho background. I fussy cut the butterfly out, omitting the antennae.

I stamped the sentiment from the Words of Inspiration stamp set, and an image from the Seasonal Fragments stamp set onto the background using Versamark and silver embossing powder. I added a few sparkly gems randomly throughout the fragment images. Just before I stuck the butterfly to the background, I stamped the antennae onto the background, using black ink.


Here are a couple more of my show projects, a pretty gelli plate card using another image from the Tangled garden stamp set:


A necklace and tag using images from the Bold Blooms and Words of Inspiration stamp sets. I have used shrink plastic to create the necklace:

Finally, a card made using Soft Form Relief Paste to create the focal point, adding gilding wax over the top, to pick out the fabulous detail of the stamp:

Thanks for stopping by,


8 comments:

  1. Your projects are so beautiful, I love the butterfly and that gorgeous background, that tag is lovely and the necklace, great idea. I am ashamed that I haven't done any crafting over the holidays but I think you have inspired me enough today to go up and clear a space in my craft room and also to clear a space in my life to craft.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Judith! Wishing you all at Chocolate Baroque a fabulous 2018 and hope that it is all that you want it to be and more!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A treat to see so many cards! And hope 2018 brings you more TV-moments? For all at CB: Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects Judith, and you and your team are always so inspirational. Looking forward to what's coming up in the New Year from CB.
    Have a brilliant Hogmanay Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful Judith and it was great to see you with Lesley on Hochanda and hope that the new year will bring new challenges and lots more of your wonderful creations. I wish you and all at CB a very Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing creations! I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Crafty New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations Judith. Thank you for sharing these. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely art, thank you. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!