Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 14 December 2017

Imagination Meets Reality (by Anne)



Good morning. This one is another of my recent samples for the Steampunk shows. I used Soft Form Relief Paste to create the 3D embellishment, the lovely lace with cogs stamp to create the border and stamped onto a pretty floral paper from Crafty Individuals. I thought that the sentiment ‘imagination meets reality’ was fitting.

I mounted everything onto a ‘recycled’ 8 X 8 inch card which was a previous sample that had gone badly wrong. Rather than throw it away I just covered up what was originally there. No-one would ever know – ooops I just told you – tee hee hee.

Materials:
How it was done:
  1. The background paper on my ‘recycled’ card was created using the shaving foam technique. This is a fun method for making pretty marble effect papers. Shaving foam is spread onto a shallow tray and inks dropped onto the surface. Paper is then lowered onto the surface to pick up the ink. Versamark was then sponged through the leaf stencil and heat embossed with pearl powder. Distress Ink was then blended over the top, the embossed areas repelling the colour. A ribbon band was drawn on with pen. This was then mounted onto and 8 X 8 card. Faux stitching was added around the edges using a piercing tool and drawing with a fine tipped black pen. PVA pearls were then added to the corners.
  2. The lacy border and sentiment were stamped with Versafine onto the decorative floral paper, then mounted onto black card to frame. I had a spare scrap of this paper from another project so cut out the daisy and shaped it to add dimension and decoupaged it up onto the background.
  3. The beetle stamp was coated with StazOn Ink, then a thin layer of Relief Paste and left to dry overnight before peeling away. It was then trimmed to neaten up and glued to the card.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Anne and love that reluef paste beetle which really makes a statement on the card, but sadly this one is unavailable at present too on the website, also the CI paper makes the perfect background. I'm glad I am not the only one that pulls a card apart or covers something up when things go wrong..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and loving the beetle!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever. I think I might need some of that paste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Anne and a brilliant design, I love the steampunk beetle, great colours too, Kae x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it we crafters cannot just throw a thing away when we make a mess??? I love the fact that you admit to using something that had gone badly wrong :) and I love the finished result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!