Pin It button on image hover

Friday 8 September 2017

A Quartet of Flowers (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have some floral projects to share with you today, that were featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. These cards were made using the individual floral stamps from the shows, and I used a range of techniques to create the cards.

For my first card, I coloured the background with Distress Ink, and then stamped over the top using a stamp from the Harlequin Fragments stamp set, again using Distress Ink. I stamped the Harlequin Bouquet individual stamp onto a die cut oval, using purple ink, and coloured the image using Distress Inks and a water brush. I added a sentiment to the background from the Loving Sentiments stamp set.


For my second card, I created a background using Brushos and kraft card. I stamped the Floribunda Net individual image onto another piece of kraft card, and embossed it using white embossing powder. I coloured the image using Brushos and a water brush. I stamped the setiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set onto a smaller piece of kraft card, again using white embossing powder. I have inked the edges of each piece of card using red ink.

For my third card, I coloured the background again using Distress Inks, and used the Large Crackle Background for added texture. I cut a postcard sized piece of card, and stamped the Crackling Rose individual stamp, adding images from the Mail Art stamp set, to create a postcard effect. I created a small sentiment strip using words from the Loving Sentiments stamp set once again.


Long term viewers of the blog will have seen a rendition of this final project, which I remade for the TV show. I hope that you will not mind seeing it again, using the Flora Musica stamp set:

My Team mates have made some beautiful projects using these lovely stamps. Do keep checking back this month to see their designs. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Judith. I particularly like the last one, it is so pretty with the black and pink.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Judith. I particularly like the last one, it is so pretty with the black and pink.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just admired these cards on your personal blog and LOVE them all!! Fab colors and designs! The last one makes me blowing up, such delightful use of Flora Musica stamp! It's my absolutely favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four beautiful cards Judith. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see these beauties here again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that card using the Flora musica stamp is beautiful, love the vintage colour. In complete contrast colour wise the lime colour is so fresh especially teamed with that lovely purple, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful aray of cards Judith, all so beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!