Pin It button on image hover

Monday 29 May 2017

Not a fairy in sight (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a couple of projects made using the Spring Fairy Collection but there isn't a fairy in sight lol. 


My first project is a little MDF heart. I gave it  a coat of white gesso and once that was dry I applied distress ink in Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass to create the background. I stamped the flowers along the left side of the heart and coloured with pencils. I stamped the clouds from Fantasy Castles in the sky with Black Stazon and added a little white gesso. This is where I should have stopped as it looked lovely but no, I had to carry on and added some grey paint which to be honest doesn't look as nice. I stamped the little scroll around the edges with Versamark and embossed with Gold. I added a little acetate butterfly, again embossed with Gold embossing powder and glittered on the back.

My second project today is a little shaker card.


I die cut a frame from cream linen card and backed with acetate. I stamped the silhouette butterflies with various colours of Brilliance Ink and overstamped with the sentiment. I layered the frame up on 3d foam making sure there were no gaps and popped it over the butterflies, enclosing a sprinkling of little flowery sequins from my stash. 

Thanks so much for visiting, keep popping back as my teamies have lots of inspiration for you
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. No fairy, but that first one is a stunning one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Beautiful xx and gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful Claire and I love the bright colours. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both but your heart is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely project - I always love anything with an iris on it as that was my mother's name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Claire, beautifully designed and coloured projects, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both! Bright, colorful & cheery! Very pretty, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww LOVE your MDF heart!!! Adorable! Beautiful shaker card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both very different but very pretty Claire and the wooden heart with the irises and primroses stand out beautifully and love the gold embossed edge and butterfly. The shaker card looks stunning with the different colour butterflies in the background and the flowery sequins look great for the shaker element. I love that sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!