Pin It button on image hover

Monday 1 February 2016

Some old favourites (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am taking a look back at some of my favourite stamp sets during this blog post, and I daresay that those of you who know me will not be too surprised to see poppies featuring heavily in my designs!

For my first card, I have chosen to combine stamps from the Poppy Meadow and Flora and Fauna stamp sets. I have stamped these images, and after masking them off, created a sponged background using Distress Inks, and a stencil. I have added a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set.



My second card uses a stamp from the Poppy Edges stamp set, which I have stamped several times onto watercolour paper sprayed with coloured inks. I cut the images out, and stuck them onto another sprayed background, adding a smaller image from the Poppy Meadow stamp set. I used some black card to mat and layer the background, and then added a sentiment from the Mackintosh Sentiments stamp set.



Please pop back for more retrospective projects from my Team Mates over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. Two really pretty cards Judith and I love the stripes of colour, with what looks like a bit of stencilling, in the background of the first, and the lovely bright yellow like a burst of sunshine on the second. I also love the clever way you have merged the poppies from one set with the seed heads from another, and then on the second the poppy edges with the extra flowers on top work beautifully, and some wonderful colouring too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judith, I too love poppies and your cards are so beautiful, wonderful colours and designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so beautiful , dear Judith , I love your soft colours and both your designs are gorgious!!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful! Love the colours on the first (that;s a combi I like to use too) and the second so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly beautiful cards, Judith. I am in aww of that great background for both cards, so elegant so pretty! Brilliant stamping too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are stunning Judith! I love the pretty rainbow effect on the first one and the layering of sprayed colours on the second is brilliant. So very effective!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!