Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 3 December 2015

2 or 3 little things

Hello
It is unsual for French people to send cards for Christmas. The tradition is for the new year. So these cards are examples of what I realized for 2016. "Meilleurs vœux" is "All my best wishes".

Ce n'est pas habituel pour les français d'envoyer des cartes pour Noël. Traditionnellement c'est réservé à la Nouvelle Année. Voici quelques exemples de celles que j'ai faites pour 2016.


This one is made on a glossy paper. I apply 2 colors, yellow and red, on paper and pull the colors to obtain the effects. Then I apply the stamp.
Celle-ci a été réalisée sur du papier glossy. J'applique 2 couleurs, jaune et rouge, directement sur le papier et je tire pour obtenir l'effet souhaité. Puis je tamponne.

 This one is made on a piece of paper painted with acrylic. I paint the branches and the light with Zig.
Celle-ci a été faite sur un morceau de papier peint à l'acrylique. Les branches et la lumière sont peintes au feutre Zig.

And the last one is made with a piece of Canson paper painted with acrylic.
Le dernière est faite sur un morceau de Canson peint à l'acrylic.

I hope you like. Thanks for your comments which give me a great pleasure. Kind regards.
J'espère que vous aimez. Merci pour vos commentaires qui font toujours plaisir. A très bientôt.

Dominike


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Dominike. It is interesting to hear how the traditions in France differ so much from the UK. I have a lot of Christmas cards to write and send every year! Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, I like the way you have done the backgrounds.
    I didn't know that France don't send Christmas cards but I imagine you have just as many to send at New Year instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Dominike! I think the French way is a good one, just stick to New Year wishes! xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three beautiful cards Dominike and love yor acrylic backgrounds and mix of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rather like the notion of New Year wishes, your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards, love each one of them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work - I didn't realise that christmas cards were not commonly exchanged in france - gorgeous new year cards! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow three cards! Love the warm colours on the first, the colouring on the classic-card and think the grungy style on the last is my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Dominike. Very lovely and interesting effect on the first one.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!