Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 22 August 2015

Christmas angels......day and night (by Miranda)



Hi there,

Today I will show you my creations made with  Serena, the lovely Christmas Angel.
 I have made an Angel of Day and an angel of Night, at least that is my interpretation! I love working with faces and these beautiful designs are a joy to work with, thanks to our talented designer! 

I have worked on a background made with acrylic paints and fluid inks, like Ecoline.  Also sprinkled some Iridescent medium which creates lovely shimmer.
The ' Angel of Day' has pale colors and I've combined her with the flowers of the Christmas rose sheet. They are a perfect match with the flowers of the image. I have colored the image with colour pencils and  decoupaged them.
Here is the card.........


And the Angel of Night........here I've added another stamp, an ivy leaf that I've colored with all the matching colors. It's from the New England Winter sheet. Here I have colored the image and the decoupaged items using waterbased markers and gave some accents with a white acrylic marker.




Well, I hope I have inspired you with these beautiful angels! Thanks for your visit and I always enjoy reading your comments!


14 comments:

  1. Two simply stunning cards and I adore them both from the soft and pretty colours of tbe first with the extra matching flowers, to the more dramatic blues and purples of tbe second with the varied tones of the flowers and ivy. There is always so much to admire about your work Miranda. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful Miranda, the tones you've used are superb and the added depth with the flowers and texture in the background are spot on, real pieces of art here xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to add , I would frame these and sell them if I had created them lol no chance of that happening in this lifetime .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful work. Both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Miranda, what absolutely gorgeous cards, your colours are glorious and colouring is so perfect, love them both, thanks for this inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful designs Miranda. I love the different colourways and the moods you have created. The combination with the different flowers is lovely. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miranda.
    This certainly is a beautiful stamp. your projects are lovely as always. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are awesome - can't wait to use mine now.Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous - both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miranda - as ever, beautiful & stunning cards - I love your work!

    all the best, Liz M x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!