Pin It button on image hover

Monday 23 December 2013

Steampunk Owl (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a sample made with the gorgeous Steampunk Birds stamps. I'm really enjoying working with these stamps, really versatile and such fun designs too.


I've used the adorable owl stamp from the set, coloured with Graph'It Markers over a dry embossed background highlighted with gilding wax. The background was made with a cog stamp from Steampunk Butterfly and metallic PanPastels. The sentiment is from Steampunk Birds, die cut with a spellbinders die and topped with a little owl. I made the little owl with shrink plastic, coloured with Graph'It Markers and then dipped in UTEE.


To finish off I've added some screw brads and some gold ribbon.
Merry Christmas to you all, I hope Santa brings you lots of crafty goodies
Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic Claire, I'd never have thought to dip shrink plastic into UTEE, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textured metallic glow you've created for this is so interesting & I love the shimmer you added with that bow. The way you cut the ribbon beneath particularly caught my eye for it echoes the owls wings in reverse forming another circle almost - echoing all the circular elements you have in the design. The little shrink plastic owl is great fun.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! The texture from the dry embossing and then the shimmer from parts of it are wonderful. I love that owl! Really gorgeous creation, thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSERS! Claire, I love Steampunk and Owls and this is fabulous! Can't wait for my stamps to arrived :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super dard! Looks almost like a 3-D painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is FANTASTIC, Claire! Beautiful color scheme, and that owl is awesome! I love the background too! Just one amazing card!
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Steampunk Owl stamp, and the background is enhanced beautifully with the metallic Pan Pastels and the gilding wax, which gives it a lovely sheen. The shrink plastic owl works really well as a little badge on the sentiment and I like the way you have managed to find just the right shade of ribbon, finished off perfectly with the screw brads. An unusual and very effective card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!