Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 7 December 2013

Bliss with Gorgeous New Florals (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

I love the new gorgeous Floral clear stamps and thoroughly enjoy working with them.  I used the new beautiful Snake's Head Fritillary on this card:

   
The background was created with Vibrant Turquoise and Cut Grass Dylusions spray inks.   I added a little sea salt while the inks were still wet.   I stamped branches from Spring Foliage with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and the rest of the stamping was done with Cobalt Blue Archival ink.   The foliage at the top is also from Spring Foliage and the bottom edge is from Floral Edges.   I highlighted the Fritillary and branches at the top with Prisma Pencils.   Bliss is from Artistic Affirmations, another word stamp set that I use frequently.  I also added glitter on the top branch and on the leaves of the Fritillary.

Thanks for your visit and I hope you can come back often, as we have lots to show you:)
Shirley

7 comments:

  1. I think the Fritillary is the very essence of Spring, and the bright bluey green is the perfect accompaniment. I particularly like the way you have put some Pussy Willow in the background and then used the Catkins and Floral Edges stamps as a frame which brings your eyes right back to that lovely detailed flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fritillary stamp I think it's my favourite of the new florals......well until the next one is posted lol. The vibrant green of the background with the dark flower stamped over works really well. I love it

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, in so many inky and delicious ways x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have integrated the image panel with the background by using the same colour palette base. Your use of the hanging branches & the growing stems grounds & adds perspective to the whole composition beautifully.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this pops rigt into my room! A beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Shirley! The colors are so striking, and I'd like to know what the top background stamp is. Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb, it all blends together so well yet the main focal image still stands out, looks brilliant and the salt and background stamping really pulls it together adding more interest x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!