Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 19 October 2013

Pink Christmas Trees (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a card featuring the funky trees and snowflakes from Reindeer Landscape


I love pink and white for Christmas cards so I set to with an assortment of pink dye inkpads and a water mister and swooshed them around on my ink blending mat to create the background. Next I stamped the trees and the snowflakes with versamark and embossed with whit embossing powder. I added some colour to the trees with Sakura Glaze pens.

The sentiment is from Bold Christmas Words, again embossed with white embossing powder on pink cardstock and die cut with spellbinders dies. I added some little pearls to the snowflakes and a little white bow to the bauble sentiment. 

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Claire. Pink is an unusual colour choice for Christmas, but I think you could be starting a trend as this is a delight. I love the soft watery background and the white highlights. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting with the pink & white combination & as Elaine says quite delightful. I love your technical term of 'smooshing' & the results look very effective with the boldness of the white embossing.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card in unusual colors, but gorgeous! I love the background swirling. Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous, I love the colour & the background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire this is a lovely card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!