Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 5 October 2013

Happy Christmas, Winter Wonderland and a Sneak Peek

Hi, Chocolate Baroque friends!  We are in the midst of releasing new winter and Christmas stamps, and I'm sure you're going to love them!  My first card uses elements from three different stamp sets, that go very well together!  Two were made to match! 

I embossed my white cardstock with tiny dots, then sponged red stamp paint around the edges.  At the bottom of the front, I stamped the poinsettia edge in black, from the new set Christmas Edges.  In the centers, I placed some little sparkly stickers.  I touched up around the bottoms of the flowers with a black marker so they'd stand out a little more.  Red satin ribbon was placed around the card where the embossing stopped, and red cording placed over that.  Next, the large poinsettia's from the set Pears & Baubles were stamped twice in black on white cardstock.  I colored in the flowers with a red marker, and used a black marker to touch up parts of the leaves.  I sparkled the flowers up with red stamp paint, then applied yellow rhinestones to the centers.  After cutting them all out, (the second set was cut apart into two separate poinsettias) I used some dimensional foam to pop them up off the card, turning the second set slightly to offset.  "Happy Christmas," from the Joyful Christmas set was stamped in black on white, then layered onto some red patterned paper.  This was a very easy card to make, and the black, red and white is very striking!


 



























Next is a card I call Winter Wonderland, and I have used images from the new Reindeer Landscape set.  This set is fantastic!  The trees were so much fun to color, and I used blue stamp paint to highlight the snowflakes and banner.  The snowflakes were heat-embossed in silver.  The card base is white cardstock, shaded in blues and lavenders, then overlaid with a white cardstock sheet that has been punched out.  The sentiment is a sneaky-peeky to what is coming soon!  I heat-embossed the wording in white on lavender cardstock.  The images were cut out, then popped up with the foam dimensionals, and a lavender ribbon tied around all before mounting it onto the white card base.  The blue snowflake on the bow is from my stash.






































These new stamps are certainly getting me in the Christmas mood, and I may start my Christmas gift shopping!  I love this time of the year, but I really want to enjoy the fall colors and cooler weather first.  Watch for more beautiful work from my design team buddies!  Take care!

2 comments:

  1. I particularly like the bold effect of your first one Clare. Strikingly different but with the traditional imagery & your second one has certainly made me think when it comes to die-cut backgrounds.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!