Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Leafy Butterflies (posted by Elaine)

I love foliage stamps and there are some super images as part of the new Autumn fairy plates. I love any nature themed images and have really enjoyed playing with these.
 
 
I started by cutting a strip of white card to fit on the left hand side of the card. I chose Two shades of lilac and mauve inks stamping randomly to cover the panel with the umbel image from the September Fairies, firstly in the lighter ink and then overstamping with the darker ink. I then shaded the whole panel with more lilac and pinky inks to build up a depth of colour. The panel was then stuck to the base card and trimmed to size. I added a thin sparkly strip either side of the stamped strip.
 
I finished by stamping the image directly on to the base card on the right hand side and a sentiment from the Pretty Poppies plate. I love these sentiments and find myself using them often. The finishing touch was to die cut two butterflies from two shades of mauve card with a Memory Box die and position them on the stamped strip.
 
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments, the DT members really appreciate your feedback.
 
Elaine x
 
 

5 comments:

  1. An incredibly beautiful card Elaine. The colour is really eye catching, and I just love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crisp contrast with the white is super & I love the idea of a sparkly border to the inked & stamped panel. The die-cut butterflies add a lovely touch of elegance too & I can just imagine them enjoying the nectar!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colours! A beautiful oy-out and card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. I love the purple against the white card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful elegant card. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!