Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Halloween by Miranda


Hi there,

I had the idea to create to 3 creations with the Halloween stamps using almost the same lay-out but different difficulty levels.
Here they are, starting with the most easy one...........I've used here some Halloween patterned scrap paper from Graphic 45, Steampunk spells. So with this one no need to make your own background but using the patterns of the scrap paper. I've only stamped the chandelier from the Nevermore Halloween sheet with Black soot Distress ink and sprayed a little with water on the stamp before stamping. Added a bit of blending with Dusty Concord and Spiced Marmelade. I've stamped the text on the label and added some bats. That was the only stamping on this card. Up to nr.2..........

I think this is still an easy card to create also for the beginner. I've used Basic Grey orange scrap paper and stamped the Gothic Fragments with black ink in the right upper corner. On the left bottom corner I've used the text fragment from the Gothic Angels sheet. And some spiderwebs from the Halloween clear sheet 'Witches brew'. I've embossed the chandelier with WOW copper and copper sparkle. I gave some accents here and there on the background with a white pencil. The white spiderweb has been inked with the mixed media ink from Donna Salazar.


And the final one which is more difficult or should I say it is more labour intensive......with this one you make your own background and everything is inked and embossed.....
I've started with a background with the acrylic bloc technique( you can look at the Monday Mojo from Glenda using this technique) using Distress inks Dusty Concord/Spiced Marmelade /Dried Marigold and a bit of Black Soot.  All the same stamps as on the background of card 2 only added the text 31st October from the 'Nevermore' sheet. The chandelier is embossed with WOW Halloween glitter and Black glint. The seam binding is coloured with the Distress stains and I've stamped the spiderweb with Stazon on it.


Well hope to have inspired you to create your Halloween cards with these possibilities,
thanks for visiting and have a lovely day!



7 comments:

  1. A very striking trio - & I love the way you've used the same layout but shown different levels of complexity in their construction. I do love that final one with the way your inked background is refelcted in the inked candelabra panel too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Miranda! I love each one, and you've given good directions.
    Thinking of you and your mom. Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, three gorgeous cards, I love them all. Thank you for the excellent tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Halloween cards! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fabulous and atmospheric all three look perfect for the subject x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!