Pin It button on image hover

Monday 23 September 2013

Autumn Fairy at Twilight

Good morning Claire here, I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration from my team mates, they've come up with some gorgeous projects with the new Autumn fairy stamps haven't they? Here is my first sample using these wonderful new stamps. this large fairy from October

I began by punching a moon from some masking tissue with a circle punch and popping it on my card. I used torn copier paper to mask the hills in the background (but if you subscribe to Glenda's Mojo Monday newsletter you'd be able to  use the fab free template for this technique, if you don't receive the email, click here to find out how you can receive it). I used an old shaving brush to add my ink to this project, I used various shades of blue and purple distress inks and build the colour up gradually. I find that lightly brushing with a shaving brush gives a slightly misty, diffused effect. I added the stamping with black archival ink using stamps from the Autumn Fairies collection.
Thanks for visiting
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Very evocative of tailing & I love the way you've dangled the Art Nouveau flower from the top.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be very evocative of twilight - the wretched autocorrect is NOT MY FRIEND.
    PEP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice card! I love the colors, and I had not thought to turn the flowers upside down. Great idea! Very effective layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! It takes you right into a dreamy world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I love the images, especially the little owl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!