Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Gothic Angel (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have another Christmas design today using the beautiful new Gothic Angels set.   I think this one could also be used for a non-Christmas card.   I added images from Gothic Fragments, they compliment the new set so well.   The corners are from New England Winter, they matched the foliage on her head piece.   I love how so many of Chocolate Baroque stamp sets compliment each other and give endless possibilities for designs.


I stamped the beautiful 'feisty' angel from the Gothic Angel set with black Stazon Ink.   Both Glenda and Judith have nicknamed her 'feisty angel' which I think is a good description.    She looks like a strong woman.  I coloured her with Prisma Pencils and used Spellbinder dies to accent her.
 
I created the background with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink on my craft mat spritzed with water and then sprayed a little Teal Dylusions Ink over top (of the cardstock).  I used two fragments from the Gothic Fragments set and the Gothic letters fragment from Gothic Angels with Evergreen Bough & Salty Ocean Distress Inks that were lightly spritzed with water.  The corner flourishes from New England Winter are stamped with black ink.      .

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can come back often as my teammates have lots of beautiful designs to show you.

Have a great day,
Shirley

3 comments:

  1. Beatiful and special background with the smal and larger stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those corners are striking with her headdress & necklace - I too love that aspect of CB stamps & you've illustrated it beautifully with this sample. Giving her brown hair has really accented the blues & I love the way your lacey matting of the image panel brings out the radial effect of both the snowflake & the halo behind her.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Shirley! I feel like that angel can see right thru me! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!