Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 4 August 2013

Christmas Angels (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I've been having a great time with the new gorgeous Christmas stamps.   Yes it seems like Christmas is a long ways off, but personally I like to get started on my holiday cards early.

I have two cards and small gift tags using designs from the beautiful Gothic Angels set today.


The background for the above card is created with Blue & Teal Dylusions Inks.  I've over stamped with a Fragment and Window from Gothic Fragments.  I coloured the window a little with Prisma Pencils.  I embossed the window/wheel fragment from Steampunk Butterfly with silver around the edges.    I also embossed the Angel with Silver, coloured with Tombow markers and decoupaged her over the background.  Yuletide Greetings is from Gothic Angels.

And here is my 2nd design with the same beautiful Angel. 


Again Dylusions inks (blue & purple) were used in the background.  I also used TCW mini Solace Stencil and stamped a fragment from Gothic Fragments (hard to see in photo).    The collage of background images are from Gothic Angels which are stamped with black ink.   I embossed around the edge of the background with silver.     The angel is also embossed with Silver and coloured with my Tombow markers.  I had some pretty borders of pearls & rhinestones in my stash to finish off this design.  

I also made up some quick gift tags using the smaller images from the Gothic Angel set.


I used Cherry Pie & Grape Soda Dylusions on the backgrounds, stamped with black ink and highlighted with a white Gel Pen.  

I've rotated & enlarged the photo here

My talented team mates have lots to show this month so please come back often !
Thanks for visiting and have a great day,
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so original! The backgrounds and colourchoises are great! Have a sunny and creative sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decoupage of the angel on the first gives a super effect & really brings her into prominence beautifully & I love the way you incorporated the Gothic Fragments & Steampunk Butterfly elements. The rhinestone & pearl borders in the second combined with the textual background stamping as well as the elements of TCW 'Solace' provide a lovely vintage sense.
    Your tags are quite incredible - it's your use of the white which is so striking & I love the softness of the blue on the angel's dress.
    Chrismas is definitely going to be looming very quickly. We'll blink & it will be here!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and tags, those new stamps are obviously very versatile

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love all the colors you've used, and the way you've shaded the backgrounds and images. Those tags are awesome! Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!