Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Blue angel (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with my first sample using the gorgeous new Christmas stamps. As its been so hot, I went for a cool blue colour palette for this card which uses the Snowflake Shadow Big bold background stamp and one of the beautiful angels from Gothic Angels


I created the background by applying shades of blue distress inks to Southfield pearlescent card, I really love the delicate sparkle of this cardstock for Christmas projects. I stamped the Snowflake Shadow with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder before matting on some dark blue card.

I stamped the angel on some smooth white card with versamark and again embossed with white sparkly embossing powder, die cut with a bauble die and applied distress inks around the edge. I stamped the angel again in Memento tuxedo black and coloured her with Graph'It markers, cut her out and popped her up on the bauble with silicone glue. I added some tiny gems to her jewellery.

Hope you're getting in the mood for starting those Christmas cards,  if not I'm sure all the beautiful artwork from my teamies will help you get in the festive crafting spirit
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. Your layering of the angel's face looks super & I love the sparkle her jewellery provides. The glow of her halo is striking framed by the sahpe of the babble & the way the point echoes her neckline, chin & head band quite astonishing. I love the dark deep blue for matting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Claire the layered background is great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!