Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 25 July 2013

Poppy meadow corners (posted by Elaine)

As soon as I saw the Poppy Meadow stamp set I fell in love with the art nouveau themed corners.


For a quick and simple card, I took a 6 x 6 printed DP from Bo Bunny and embossed the corners. To do this well, I often use a very large acrylic block that I can line up with the corners of the card, to get the corners positioned in pairs at the top and bottom of the card. I used a deep red metallic EP for this design. I added the seed head which also has the characteristic art nouveau curves from the Fragrant Honeysuckle stamp set. The finishing touches were a ready made sentiment and butterfly.

Thank you for the comments you leave, they are always appreciated.

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the contrast of black and background! Have a sunny day, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - the deep red against the pink: a lovely example of how to use patterned paper with stamping. This definitely had the art nouveau feel to it & you've illustrated beautifully one of the features of Chocolate Baroque stamps: the way that elements of new releases can be used to echo elements in previous releases, as indeed those characteristic art nouveau curves do. The butterfly is a lovely touch with that particular flower head for that's exactly replicated in my back garden at present.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fond of Art Nouveau style too and thanks for the handy tip for lining up the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love pink and black

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card and a great use of the corners

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the colors, and how the black ink just pops off the page! Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!