Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 18 July 2013

Fancy Flower Clock (posted by Claire)

Good morning, I hope you're enjoying the glorious sunshine. I've got a project to share this morning using some of the lovely stamps from Fancy Flowers using some bright sunny colours.


I've used an MDF clock blank, painted with emulsion paint and sanded before giving it another base coat. I began by stamping the larger flowers and then masking them to stamp the smaller flowers and flourished. I stamped the buds too (using Memento Tuxedo Black) and then coloured the flowers with Graph'It markers. I stamped the gorgeous leafy stamp from Floral Edges around the edges using prgment ink, using first and second generation stamping to create some depth.  I used an old CD as a template to add the line connecting the sprays of flowers.  I sprayed the project with sealer and added some pearls for the remaining hours and lastly attached the clock mechanism.


Thanks for visiting today,
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely terrific with the way you have used the various elements of the stamp set to create a cohesive whole. Using the CD as a template works beautifully too & I love the bright cheery feel you created with your colours. The texture of the multiple stamping around the edge adds so much to the whole effect too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful work, Claire! Your colors are wow! Very cool idea to put the images on a clock!
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!