Pin It button on image hover

Monday 15 April 2013

Mandala Design (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend.

I have a Mandala style design today created by using images from the beautiful Indian Textiles set. While this isn't as symmetrical as I wanted, it is bright & again I fun with these fabulous stamps.



I created the background by spraying Pink Dylusions Ink, spritzed with water & blotted.  I blended Peacock Feathers Distress Ink around the parameter once it was dry.    I stamped the main image four times with black Stazon ink & the small flower with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink between the main images.  (click the photo to enlarge to see detail)

I bleached the main images and then coloured with Dylusion inks using a fine point water barrel brush.  I spent some time with black pigment & white Gellyroll pens to highlight.  I found the outlining relaxing & meditative which creating Mandalas should be.     I edged the background with a Gold Leaf pen.  I added lots of rhinestones and the metal center piece to finish the design.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Shirley

2 comments:

  1. So beautifull! And a great idea! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your positioning looks superb & I love that tone on tone stamping between your coloured motifs. The metal centrepiece echoes your gold edging beautifully & I just gasp when I see how you use colour - as I've said before - your matting always adds 'some thing' to your design so as to make the impact even stronger. A delicious creation - this is better than dessert for me!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!