Pin It button on image hover

Friday 21 December 2012

Stamp of the Week - Tree Silhouette


This week we have another great favourite as our Stamp of the Week - the large Tree Silhouette.  Many of our former Guild members may recognise this as we offered a small version as a free stamp for new members at one time.  This large version is approximately 10cm wide by 14cm tall (just under 6x4 inches) which makes it a great feature stamp for a card.  I also think it's a brilliant stamp for showing off background techniques - sprays, PanPastels, Distress Stains, brayered backgrounds - whatever you experiment with, this stamp looks great simply overstamped in black, maybe embossed.

It's also an interesting one for paper piecing - stamp onto patterned paper and there are distinct areas of the hills and pond that you can cut out and re-assemble to make an interesting scenes.

Paper piecing with Prima (Songbird and Firefly) and Kaisercraft (These Days) papers

This stamp is on offer until December 28th and will ship out after the holidays.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!



5 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely super idea - I just had not thought of that for this stamp. I think I shall have a play over the weekend & see what I can come up with. This brings back fond memories - one of the first special offer Guild stamps when I joined.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea and the stamps is so amazing, really unique design.
    Thanks for all your beautiful creative art works and inspiration this year. I wish you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas for this stamp I have the small one but will have to have a play and see what I can come up with. I love the background using what I think must be guilding flakes

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamp and love your ideas on how to use it especially the paper piecing !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!