Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Altered Dress Form (posted by Judith)

I'm always excited to receive new stamps to work with from Chocolate Baroque, and the latest release have been an absolute pleasure to work with. I'd like to show you a project today that I made, using a mixture of old and new stamps, which is something that I really like to do.

I have painted a dress form with acrylic paint, and then covered areas with images stamped onto tissue paper taken from the Lace Fragments set Punky Romance set and the new Steampunk Butterfly set I have coloured areas in with pencil, and then covered the whole thing with beeswax.

I then made some handmade flowers using metal and fabric in coppery colours to contrast with the soft aqua tone of the dress form, and stamped a couple of butterflies, using copper embossing powder. I used rusty keys for their bodies.



I added copper wire around the stem of the piece, to finish.



Keep checking back to see more projects from my Design Team Mates over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the colours & the way you used the wire around the 'pole.'
    My favourite part is the stamping around the base - those flowers & cogs echo the roundness of the base so beautifully & i was staggered by your idea of the rusty keys for the butterfflies' bodies.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Judith! I love the colors and all of the accents you used to liven it up! Clare :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!