Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 October 2012

Spookies! (by Clare)

Spookies are made up of ghosties, witchies, pumpkies, batties, full moonies, owlies and more!  I'm just glad they are all for fun!  We do have a few little bats flying around at dusk and dark, but they're nothing threatening.  I found some Pumpkin Spice creamer for my coffee at the store, as well as pumpkin and spice bagels, pumpkin and spice cream cheese and cupcakes.  The bagels and cream cheese came home with me!  I also bought two big pumpkins, one little one, and four mum plants for my front porch.  I love fall!

Here's a Spooky card for you.  I had so much fun working with the stamps from a couple of Chocolate Baroque sets!  The colors of spooks and fall are so pretty together!























The first image I stamped was the bats and harvest moon on white cardstock, in black ink of course!  I used all of the stamps from the set Batty Owls.  I also used the ivy tendrils stamp from the set,  Ivy Trails. 

                  
Ivy Trails
Batty Owls
                     






















I used a Sakura Glaze pen in black on the bats which made them shiny.  The trees were touched up with some black glitter and black flocking.  I used Copic markers on the moon and pumpkies, and Stampin' Up markers on all the rest of the card.  The background was colored using sponge daubers and Stampin' Up classic inkpads.  I glued the background onto black cardstock, then used scor-tape to adhere the black sequined trim around the moon halo.  The orange beads were glued around the moon.  I fussy-cut all the 3-D images, and positioned them as shown, using dimensional adhesives.  Everything was cut around with pinking shears.









I cut a piece of black cardstock 8 1/2" long and 4 1/2" wide.  I ran the whole
piece through my Cuttlebug twice, positioning it in a spider web embossing
folder.  I scored it at 3 1/4" on a Scor-Pal and folded it.  I glued it to the back
after making the lower edges even on both the card front and the back.
I hand-drew the ghost on white cardstock, and stamped the word "Halloween"
in black ink on the bottom.  I drew the eyes and mouth in pencil, then used
the black Sekura Glaze pen to fill them in.  A duplicate Jackie-o-lantern
glued at the bottom completed this card.  It was so fun to make!

4 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant spooky car I love how you have added all the elements and textures

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful spooku card. Beautiful colors.
    Lovely greet and nice Sunday
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real stunner Clare - the sequinned edging makes this very luxurious & your owl is very real with those ivy leaves on the wall. The textural spider's web for the inside is a lovely detail.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW another stunning creation, the details really keep you lookin at it. perfect x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!