Pin It button on image hover

Monday 8 October 2012

Gothic Fragments Christmas Card by Debbie

This is my first card made with the Gothic Fragment stamps which are going to be so versatile. I have a few friends who like tradtional cards at Christmas time and I had them in mind when putting this card together.
The arched window has been stamped twice with versamark and embossed with silver powder. I wanted to keep the colouring soft so I water coloured with distress inks. I used chipped saphire and antique linen. For more depth I painted more colour around the edges of the windows. I mounted them onto silver mirror card and added them to the fronts of the gatefold card.
For the inside I stamped the sentiment from the new Joyful Christmas clear stamps with black and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out with a nestablitie and framed with the larger shape that has been coloured with the chipped saphire. I also stamped one of the other arched windows and left it uncoloured as I wanted the wanted the sentiment to be the main focus.
There's alot more inspiration from the coming up, so keep popping back. Debbie

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous Chirstmascard Debbie. marvelous
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely striking & I love the classiness & the interesting way of presenting the windows. The soft watercolouring is delightful & so apt.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Great design and impeccable execution. I wish you would all stop making such great stuff. I keep adding to the stamps I need. (Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw, Deebie what a super wonderfull christmascard, it's so style-full!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, shiny card! I love the muted colors. Well done! Hugs, Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Has opened my eyes as to how the stamp design can be used for Wedding & Christening cards too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!