Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 11 August 2012

Tri-fold Pastel Scene (posted by Judith)

Well it seems a little bit strange to be looking ahead to Christmas with the lovely weather that we are having at the moment. However, it is a pleasure to work with the lovely new stamp sets that are now available on the website. My sample uses a large gate stamp from the Christmas Creatures stamp plate, which I have stamped onto a 5" x 7" card. I masked the image, using Eclipse masking tape, and created a background using Pan Pastels. I used a second card the same size, and stamped a house from the New England Winter stamp plate onto the opposite side of this card, so that it would face the first image. I also masked this image, as before, and created a background with Pan Pastels. I then watercoloured both images with Distress markers and a waterbrush, adding more colour to the images directly with the pens for shading, and drawing it out with the waterbrush, until I was happy with the finish.

I cut the aperture out of the centre of the gate, added some gems to the large tree and some glitter to represent some snow.
I added some smaller gems to the tree on the second picture and more glitter.

I had quite a limited colour selection of blue Pan Pastels, so I put white Pan Pastel over my card first, so that the blue did not appear too dark. It gives quite a Wintery feel to the sky as well, I think.

I then trimmed a little piece from the inner edges of each card, and stuck the two cards together.

So now you can see the house through the arch of the gateway. Keep checking back to see the lovely samples that my Design Team mates have made with these stamps over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. A terrific demonstration of the CB seamlessness in design. Love the soft sky.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, great ideas and the way you've used the pan pastels really works well and you've shown the versatility that choc baroque stamps provide x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!