Pin It button on image hover

Friday 6 July 2012

A Parisian Theme (Posted by Elaine)

One little word on the Pretty Poppies plate sent me off on a French theme for this card.


I started by printing a monochrome background from the Delightful Damask CD onto white pearlescent card. I embossed the large damask design from the new Dusky Damask plate in a gold black metallic EP. This shows a little better in the second picture.


I added a torn panel of damask patterned vellum and embossed my sentiment. I added a Die-Namics Eiffel Tower die cut in black and finished off the card with black organza ribbon, some red paper roses and black gems.

Elaine

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Elaine, I love the look of this elegant black and white card lifted with just a touch of colour from the pretty red roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine sehr schicke und elegante Karte. Großartig!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card Elaine, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card Elaine. It's gorgeous. The French wording is perfect for it, where does it come from please?
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Elaine, I love the monochrome look with the red roses to give it a touch of colour.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Elaine. Love this creation and the colors are so sylish. beautiful paris.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness - what a beauty? The combination of red with the black makes me think of those French can can dancers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful card. Love Black and Red - very Parisienne.Think I may try this with the Lace Fragments set

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Elaine, very elegant. I love the touch of colour in the roses.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So classy!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. a really gorgeous card Elaine, love the combination of the damask designs - and the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!