Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Dusky Damask and Distress markers (posted by Claire)

Hi there, I've been experimenting with distress markers and Ranger Speciality Stamping Card and came up with this card using one of the gorgeous new stamps available on Dusky Damask.


I applied distress markers to the stamp and stamped on to the Ranger card, I only had the ATC size card so I used two together. I've often struggled with getting a crisp image with this technque in the past but it works beautifully on this card. I overstamped with Claudine Helmuth Matte Multi Medium and left it to dry. The multi medium acts as a resist so that inking over the card with distress inks leaves a white halo around the image. The backing paper is from Decadent Brocade

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the colours blend beautifully together and great technique, must get round to it soon, thanks for the reminder x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking & I love the way you matted those two ATC sized pieces together. The Matte Medium technique is a fascinating one & I love the way you used the colours on that image.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Claire, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Claire, love your colour choice. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!