Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 21 June 2012

Travel Journal (posted by Elaine)

I have really enjoyed playing with the new steampunk stamps, even though I don't really normally count myself as a steampunk fan. Sometimes it is great to step outside our comfort zones and get playing. For this project I used a ready made book shaped box from a high street chain.

When I first started the book was all pink and feminine. I started by choosing some 12 x 12 paper which I coloured with Vintage Photo Distress ink and overstamped with a stamp from the Texture Fragment set to give the feel of vintage paper. I made a spine by colouring a strip of adhesive canvas with Expresso Adirondack dye ink.

I stamped images from the steampunk sets and embossed them in copper metallic EP. Then I distressed the images with more Vintage Photo DI and coloured pencil shading. I finished the project by raiding my hardware selection for keys, a lock panel, book corners, pen nib etc.

Hope you enjoy playing with these great stamps!

Elaine x

9 comments:

  1. Well this looks a lot more classy than I imagine the original pink version was - love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea. It looks great
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab Journal Elaine love what you hve done with the stamps on it. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you altered this first! It looks great! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its amazing what you have created. Though the CB stamps create inspiration by the bucket load. . Jet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fab altered book I love what you have done with it

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the spine & corner detail. The colour is delightful & definitely in keeping with hardware - as for the texture: absolutely wonderful effect with the stamping.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea ! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!