Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 7 June 2012

Pastel Sunflowers (posted by Judith)

Hi folks, I'd like to show you another sample that I have made using the lovely 'Sunny Sunflowers' stamp set from Chocolate Baroque.

I have chosen to create this sample using Pan Pastels in shades of yellows browns and greens, reminiscent of a field of sunflowers. There is a local farmer that grows sunflowers near where I live, and I love to see them in the Summer.

I created a base for my card using two shades of Yellow Pan Pastel, and then sponged Versamark through the Mini 'Art Is' Crafters Workshop Template in two opposite corners of my card. I swirled a mixture of yellows and green Pan Pastels over the top of this, and then burnished the surface with some paper towel. I stamped the large swirl from the Butterfly Dreams stamp plate in the two remaining corners using Versamark. I then again used a mixture of yellow and green Pan Pastels as before to cover the Versamark.

I stamped two large sunflowers, two smaller flowers and several leaves before heat setting these with a heat gun. I coloured them using a small Sofft tool and Pan Pastels. You can pick the colour up with these small tools and use them just like a paintbrush with really good accuracy. I have used two colours of green on my leaves, and two colours of yellow on the petals, to give shading, just like I would when using pencils.

Finally, I used a Nestability shape which I coloured with Pan Pastels and stamped a greeting from the Loving Sentiments stamp plate.





These flowers are just so cheery aren't they? Don't forget to keep checking back to see what the other Design Team members have been making over the coming days. Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of pan pastels and think your card is just lovely

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hanging on every word of this description - what a glorious way of setting the sunflowers with those leaves in the fresh green. Love the way the script & corners merge into one another.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Lovely how the panpastels work! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Judith. You already know I'm sold on the Pan Pastels ........... unfortunatel, lol, 'cos I want them all! Love your wonderful background and the flowers are so cheery. I especially love the leaves on this set of stamps.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project Judith love the use of Pan pastels and the stamps. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!