Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Mobile phone (posted by Claire)

Hi there, Claire here with another sample from 'Steampunkery and 'Steampunk Travel', I thought the mobile phone would be perfect for the man who has everything lol.


I've used Derwent pencils to colour the image and popped a die cut aperture over the top before matting on some kraft card. The lacey cogs border was also stamped on kraft. I used the digital backing paper 'Edwardian Gentlemen' and inked over with vintage photo distress ink using the Crafters Workshop 'Gears' template. In the opposite corners I used the same template with stencil paste, brushed over with mica powder for a metallic look. I added some brown velvet ribbon and a lovely little lock brad to finish off.

I hope you're enjoying the new stamps as much as I am. 
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx



7 comments:

  1. Oh what lol that's a brilliant idea :)
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous great man's card. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stencil paste is very effective with the mica - certainly looks very metallic to me & I love the way it contrasts with the very softness of the velvet ribbon. Think that gears template might have to jump into a shopping basket sometime soon.......
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very sophisticated card, suitable for a man! The way you stenciled the gears with the mica is amazing, and that's a great technique! Awesome job on this one, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Love how you worked with the mica! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so much detail and fab techniques, it's fabulous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!