Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 26 May 2012

Glitzy Bodices by Debbie

I'll start off by saying, we all know that our irons are not for shirts etc, they are for crafting. I have a drawer with bits of fibres so decided to use them for the bodices of the Dressform from the Haberdashery stamps. I inked the body of the stamp with Black Stazon. With the stamp on the worktop I laid the fibes over it and then covered it with greaseproof paper. The iron was set to a medium/hot heat and I rubbed it over the paper until I could see the outline if the stamp. I repeated with two other combinations of fibes. Then I trimmed off the excess.
The card is a trifold and I used the Love Letters download papers, it comes in eight different colours. I glued the bodices onto the ovals of black. My niece has her eye on this card to stand it in her bedroom, I think I'll pencil in a play day with her during the holidays for her to make her own. I hope this card has given you inspiration to rummage in the cupboards and find stash that hasn't been used for a while.
Debbie

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Das ist ja der Knaller!
    Superschön, tolle Arbeit...

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - and yes my iron is used more for craft than on clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful this creations. Really marvelous.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Debbie, what a great Idea for teenage girls, they can be so had to please sometimes. I shall have to have a rummage and see where I put my fibres now.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now they're cool, very strictly come dancing just need a bit of spray tan LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous debbie I think you have just solved the problem of what to do for a couple of birthday cards I need. Thank you for your inspiration

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Debbie! I love it, but I'm not quite sure I understand your directions. What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful, Debbie! Great idee to use this fibres! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Striking in the different colourways with the black - classy glitz definitely. I particularly like the way you varied the slant in the positioning of your bodices.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fabby :) plus now I know what that thing with the plug on is for tee hee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!