Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Blue Fantastic Florals card (posted by Elaine)

This launch of stamps contains some real beauties and you can imagine my delight at the nature themes as this really is my first love for stamping and crafting generally. This card is another blue one.


This one is an A5 size card. I stamped the square panel on white in Versamark and heat embossed in teal metallic EP. I cut out the panel, leaving the flowers protruding beyond the square panel. I sponged some Chipped Sapphire Distress ink around the edge. I used different shades of blue colouring pencil and a white Inkessentials pen to highlight the flower heads and butterflies. I mounted the panel onto the gorgeous fleur de lys nestie squares.

I stamped and embossed the stylised flower heads on white card and used blue pencils again to shade the flower centres. Again I edged the panel by sponging with the dark blue ink and added the square panel.  I stamped, embossed and coloured a couple of extra butterflies and cut these out and mounted them on the card using silcone glue to give a 3D effect.  I added the sentiment which I matted and layered several times on dark blue and silver card to add height. I finally matted the larger panel onto dark blue card before attaching to the card blank, and added white gems to complete the card.

Elaine

13 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous elaine. love it very much. Beautiful that combination. Fantastic.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. More brilliant inspiration for these new stamps - love the monochrome look here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Elaine great inspiration for these lovely stamps and like Val I love the monochrome look.
    Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card and beautiful image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card - love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Elaine. Love the colour- blue is my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Elaine thanks for sharing Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhooi,,
    These cards are nice, creative and beautiful,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW lovely card Elaine. I love the colours.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hia Elaine

    Your 'Blue' card is absolutely gorgeous!
    I've just ordered the butterfly and floral twin set of stamps - can't wait to try something similar - that is if I can find my craft room... say no more.
    Hope its not too hot in your craft 'shed' (palace)
    Love Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite stunning - I too was initially drawn to flower & butterfly stamps....... there's still something very alluring about them. Love your use of pencils with the white gel pen - utterfly effective & striking.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!